miércoles, 24 de octubre de 2018

Dracula.-

We took our way to the next house, taking care of keeping ourselves in the shadows of the trees when the moonlight shone out. When we got to the porch, the Profesor opened his bag and took out a lot of things as he spoke...


My Friends, keep this crucifix near your heart. Put these garlic flowers round your neck, for other enemies more mundane...this revolver and this knife and for aid in all these small electric lamps, and above all the last this...This was a portion of red wafer.


Dr Seward tried one or two skeleton keys, he got one to suit we pressed on the door, the rusty hinges creaked, and it slowly opened. The Professor was the first to move forward. We closed the door behind us, then we all lit our lamps and procceded on our search.


I could not get away from the feeling that there was someone else amongt us. I think the feeling was common to us all, For I noticed that the others kept looking over their shoulders at every sound and every new shadows just as I felt myself doing.


I had an idea of the direction to the chapel so I led the way and after a few wrong turnings I found it.


We made an accurate examination of the place. There were only twenty nine boxes left of the fifty.


A few minutes later, I saw Morris step suddenly back from a corner. The whole place was becoming crowded wit rats  and we moved out. We closed the outer door with bars and padlocks and began our search in the house. We found nothing but dust.



The house was silent when we got back. I tiptoed into our own room and found Mina asleep, breathing so softly that I had to put my ear down to hear it.  She looked paler tan usual.






















No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario