lunes, 22 de octubre de 2018

Dracula.-

I stood in silence, for I did not know what to do. There was no sign of bell of knocher. The time I waited seemed endless, and I felt doubts and fears crowding upon me. What sort of place had I come to and among what kind of people I was?I began to rub my eyes and pinch myself to se if I was awake. It all seemed like a horrible nightmare to me.



Then I Heard the sound of chains, a key was turned with th noise of long disue and the great door swung back. Within stood a tall old man, clad in black from head to foot. He said in excelent English..




Welcome to  my house. He moved impulsively forward. His hand seemed cold as ice like the hand of a dead man. I am Drácula, Mr Harker. Come in the night air is chill and you must needed to eat and rest. He lead me up a grat winding stair to a well lit room in wich a table was spread for supper.



The Counts courteous welcome seemed to have dissipated all my doubts and fears.Be seated and eat when you please, You will excuse me that I do not join you, but I have dined already, and I do not usually sup , he said.



I had now an opportunity of observing him. His face was strong, aquiline with a thin nose. The mouth was fixed and rather cruel with peculiarly Sharp White teeth and very red lips.He was of an extraordinary pallor. His hands were coarse. The nails were long and cut to a Sharp point.




We were both silent for a while. Drawn was coming ....I Heard the howling of many wolves. The Count said...Listen to them  the Children of the night. What music the make !But you must be tired. Your bedroom is ready. I have to be away tomorrow till the afternoon.



I am all in a sea of wonders. I fear . I think strange things, god keep me...



There are odd defciencies in the house considering the extraordinary evidences of wealth for instance, in none of the romos in there a mirror. I have not seen a servant anywhere or Heard a sound near the castle except the howling of wolves.



You may go anywhere you with in the castle, except where the doors are locked where of course you will not wish to go. There is a reason for all things to be as they are. We are in Transylvania ad this is not England. Our ways are not your ways, and there shall be to your many strange things...



No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario