lunes, 22 de octubre de 2018

Dracula.-

At one corner of the room was a heavy door and a stair down.I descended carefully there was a dark passage through which came a deathly, sickly odour. At last I found myself in an old which came a deathly sickly odour. At last I found myself in an old ruined chapel, which was used as a graveyard. There were fifty boxes in all. In one of them, on newlt dug earth, lay the Count...He was either dead or asleep. I fled from the place.



The Count said...tomorrow, my friend we must part. You will return to your beautiful England. I shall not be here but all shall be ready for your journey.




When I was in my room and about to lie down I Heard the voice of the Count whispering at my door.


Back...Your time is not yet come. wait...Tonight is mine. The three women laughed in a horrible way. Lord, help me.

These may be the last words I ever write in the diary. I must find a way out from this dreadful place. Goodbye Mina !







Lucy met me at the station, looking sweeter and lovelier tan ever. We drop up to her house at the Crescent. This is a lovely place.



She told me all over again about Arthur and their coming marriage, That made me feel a Little heart sick for I havent Heard from Jonathan for a whole month and we are to get married as well. I hope nothing has happened to him. I wonder where he is and if he is thinking of me ...I wish he were here !




Lucy, although she is well, has lately taken the habit of walking in her sleep. Her mother and I have decided that I am to lock the door of our room every night.




Arthur Holmwood only son of Lord Godalming is coming up here shortly as son as he can leave town. I dareasy she will be all right when he arrives.



Last night strangely a derelict ship arrived. It is Russian. from Varna and it is called the Demeter. She was only a small cargo,  a number of great wooden boxes filled with mould. A dog landed from the ship, however it was not to be found. The captain was dead.




Suddenly I became awake and sat up,I could not see Lucy. The bed was empty and she was not in the room. I got ready to loock for her.




There was a bright full moon. I found Lucy on her favourite seat in the park. Something dark stood behind the sea and bent over dear. I could not well what it was, whether a man or a beast over her, I could not tell what it was. whether a man or a beast. I ran to her as fast as I could and I could see a White face and red gleaming eyes.



Lucy did not answer, I could see her half reclining with her head lying over the back of the seat, all alone, still asleep. She put her hand to her throat and moaned. She had two Little red points in her throat. When I had her wrapped up, I put my shoes on her feet and walked her home. We got home without meeting a soul. Before falling asllep she asked me not to say a world to anyone about it.




I hesitated at first to promise but I did. I locked the door and the key is now tied to my wrist.



I awoke in the night and found Lucy sitting up in bed, still asleep, pointing to the window. I got up quietly and looked out.There was a great bat.




Lucy seems to be growing weaker. I looked at her throat just now as she lays asleep and the tiny wounds have not healed. I shall insist on the doctor seeing them.



At last, news of Jonathan my dear has been ill, that is why he did not write. I will leave in the morning to meet Jnathan and to bring him home. He is in a hospital in Budapest.




I am finally with him. He has had some fearful shock so says his doctor. He came in the train from Klausenburg. The station master told the guard tha Jonathan rushed into the station master told the guard that Jonathan rushed nto the station shouting for a ticket back home. Seeing that he was English they gave him a ticket for the furthest station on the way. He is much better now. He has given me his diary. We ate to be married in an hour in the hospital.


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario