jueves, 25 de octubre de 2018

Dracula.-

One of my patients got serously wounded,He said that the Count had visited his house. I fear for Mina!I woke Van, Arthur and Q. Outside the Harkers s doors we paused. We opened the door. What I saw appalled me. On the bed beside the window laid J Harker, his face flushed and breathing heavily as though in a stupor.K on the near edge of the bed facing outwards was his wife. By her side stood the Count. His right hand gripped her by the back of the neck, forcing her to face down on his bosom. Her White nighdress was smeared with blood. As we burst into the room, The Count turned his face and his eyes flamed red with devilish passion.



The Professor had gained his feet and was holding towards him an envelope wich contained the Sacred Wafer. The Count stopped as we advanced lifting our crucifixes. The moonlight suddenly failed and later, we saw nothing but a faint vapour.


For a few seconds and then full consciousness seemed to burst upon him at once and he started up.

In God name what does this mean?Harker cried out...Mina, dear what is it?What does all that blood mean?My god...Help her with a quick movement he jumped from bed and began to put on his clothes. What has happened?Tell me about it !He cried without pausing. Dr Van do something to sabe her. It cannot have gone too far yet. Guard her while I look for him!His wife seized hold of him and cried out...No, Jonathan you must not leave me. I have suffered enough tonight. God knows!


Van H and I tried to calm them both. The Professor held up his Golden crucifix and said with wonderful calmness. Do not fear, my dear. We are here and while this is close to you no foul thing can approach. You are safe tonight can approach. You are safe tonight and we must be calm and take counsel together.


Unclean, unclean...I must touch him or Kiss him no more, she cried.



To this her husband spoke out resolutely, nonsense, Mina. He put out his arms and folded to his breast.



Then Mina told us what happened to her, how she saw the mist again all over the room, how she tried to awake Jonathan, but she could not, how the Count took her blood.Her husband was broken and she suddenly stopped for it was too hard for her to go on with the next part of her terrible story...



He pulled open his shirt, and with his long Sharp nails opened a vein in his breast, he seized my neck and presssed my mouth to the wound so that I must swallow some to his...What have I done to deserve such a fate? God pity me !

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario