lunes, 26 de noviembre de 2018

Macbeth.-

On his way back to the palace, in the freezzing rain, Macbeth Heard the sound of horses. He looked up and saw Lennox talking to a group of men on horseback. As Macbeth got nearer, the men rode away leaving Lennox alone.



.Who were those men? he commanded.


-Messengers, your Highness, They have news for you.


-What news?



-Macduff has escaped to England.


-To England? .Macbeth was silent for a momento or two, then he became decisive.-I knew it.Macduff is a traitor. I ll send men to his castle, They ll kill everyone they find there. If his wife is there, they ll kill her. If hos children are there, they ll kill them. They ll kill the servants, they ll kill everyone.





Meanwhile, at Macduff s castle, Ross was talking to Lady Macduff who was very angry and upset.



-My husband be patient, my lady, replied Ross.


-Why did he escape?he was afraid. He s a coward and he s a traitor to Mabeth, a traitor to cotland.



-Please don t be so fast to judge him.We don t know why he went, my Lady Perhaps he was wise, not afraid.



-Was it wise to leave me?Was it wise to leave his children?...No, it is clear to me. He doesn not love us.


-No, said Ross gently, You are angry and I can understand that.But Macduff is not a coward. He is wise and noble. These are dangerous times, we do not really understand what s happening. Now, I must go, but I ll be back son. God bless you, my pretty cousin.



-But look at my son...He has no father. We are alone here.


-I am sorry, my Lady but I must go.and Ross left the castle, sadly.


-My child, said Lady Macduff to her son...Your father s dead.


-That s no true, mother It is not true...but is my father a traitor?You said he was a traitor.


-Yes.


-But I do not undersand. What is a traitor, mother?


-A liar and all traitors and all liars must be executed.


-Who exexutes them, mother?


-Honest men


Their sad conversatio was interrupted by the arrival of a Macbeth is sending soldiers. You must go and go at once. And I must go too, they must not find me here.


The Messenger ran from the room.


-Leave? Why should I leave?I ve done no harm!I have no reason to leave.


Macbeth s soldiers burst into the room.


-Where is your husband? I hope he is safe away from you...-cried Lady Macduff


-He s a traitor, said one of the soldiers roughly.


.Liar!cried Macduff s son.


The soldier showed no mercy. He stabbed the boy with a dagger-Mother, he has killed me ...Run! -he screamed.


Lady Macduff ran out of the room towards her other children.


-Come!she screamed.


It was too late.-




No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario