lunes, 3 de diciembre de 2018

Macbeth.-

A few weeks later, at the English court, everyone was talking about Scotland. People were thinking about the possibility of war, a war with Scotland. There were lots of rumours, but it was difficult to know what was true and what was not. One afternoon, Malcom was walking in the gardens, when Macduff came to join him.Malcom was not sure about Macduff. Was he honest? Was he still loyal in Macbeth? Could he trust him? The news from Scotland gets worse and worse, said Malcom to his companion.




-Yes, it seems there are new widows and new orphans every day . Macbeth is truly a tyrant.

-I agree, Macbeth is a tyrant. But, Macduff, there is something I dont understand. Why did you leave your wife and children? Why did you leave them in Scotland to come here ?Are you still Macbeth s loyal servant ? I cant understand it. We all loved Macbeth once, Some people are still loyal to him, Are you still loyal to him?



-No, I am not a traitor to Scotland. You are the true King of Scotland. It is what good King Duncan wanted.


-No, I know. Macbeth s the traitor, I think I see that now.



Macduff was silent. He was thinking about his wife and children at home in the castle in Fife.-Oh Scotland! -Macbeth is evil! said Macduff sadly. He is the worst King in the history of Scotland. He is a Tyrant, not a King. Your father was a true King and your mother was a true Queen.





Malcom began to realice that Macduff was a true, true friend.- I have asked King Edward of England for an army, he said.-I want to take this army to Scotland to defeat Macbeth. Will you come with me'?



-Yes, said Macduff. I must come with you. My wife and my children are still there. They are safe in my castle, but danger is all around them. I  must return. I will come with you to help you sabe Scotland.




-Yes. we must save Scotland from this terrible tyrant Macbeth-


The two men talked and began to make plans. They were determined to go back to Scotland with an English army, to fight against Macbeth. Macduff wanted Malcom to be King, after all, he was the true heir to Duncan.


As they were talking, Lord Ross arrived at the English court. He asked for Macduff or Malcom and some servants took him to the gardens.


-Ross!Macduff and Malcom ran to meet him.



-Welcome, welcome Malcom do you know Ross ?said Macduff.


-Not well, but you are welcome here. We need brave thanes to fight against Macbeth, replied Malcom.


-What s the news from Scotland?said Macduff anxiously.



The news is worse tan ever, Ross s voice was heavy. The news is bad for you, Macduff. The King sent soldiers to your castle.


-My wife! tell me that my wife is well!



-She is dead, my friend.



-My children? Macduff s voice was quiet.


-Dead, And all your servants, Everyone they could find.


-All my pretty ones ? My wife and children too ?


-Courage, said Ross. Have courage, Turn your sadness to anger. Let anger rule your heart.



-My Lord Macduff, I am sorry, I don t know what to say, Malcom s voice was sad.


-That s because you don t have any children.


-That is true, but I have Courage. We need to have courage, we need to have strenght. I have them both and I know you have them both. We will march on Scotland and we will kill Macbeth.


.No, I will, said Macduff, I ll kill Macbeth. I ll kill him with my own sword.


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario