martes, 17 de julio de 2018

The street lawyer.-

It was now getting late, this Friday night. I was starting work with Morcadei on Monday. It was starting work with Morcadei on Monday.It was now or never. But I had not got a key to the 14 Street Law Center. I looked at my watch. It was half past six. I drove to 14 Street.






My partners were still there, Sofia actually smiled at me, but only for a second.





-Welcome to your new job, said Morcadei seriously, like I needed all the luck in the world.





-How about this? he said, pointing at my new office.




-The best office in the área.





-Beautiful. I said, stepping inside. My new office was about half the size of the one I had just left. My Drake desk would be too big to go in there. There was no pone.





-I like it-I said. And I did.


-I will get you a phone tomorrow.said Morcadei.






It was dark and Sofia wanted to leave. Morcadei and I ate some sándwiches he had bought. He made us both coffee. I looked at the copier. It was about ten years old but I knew it worked.






-What time are you leaving tonight?I asked Morcadei and I ate some sándwiches he had bought. He made in both coffee.I looked at the copier. It was about ten years old but I knew in worked.






-what time are you leaving tonight? I asked Morcadei, with my mouth full of sándwich.



-I dont know. In an hour maybe. Why?






-I am going back to Drake for a couple of hours. I have some last minute stuff they want me to finish. Then I would like to come back here late. Would that be posible?






Morcadei was eating his sándwich. He reached into a drawer and threw me a key.





-Come and go as you please, he said.



-Will it be safe?


-No. So be careful Park as close to the door as you can, Walk fast. Then lock yourself in.




I walked fast to my car at seven Thirty. The sidewalk was empty. My lexus was fine. Maybe I would be ok on the streets.





The drive back to Drake took eleven minutes. If it took thirty minutes to copy Chance file, then it would be out of his office for about an hour.And he would never know answer. I used the key to his door and went in.





Should I turn on the light? It was dark-I would have to. I locked the door, turned on the light, went to the bottom file drawer under the window and unlocked it with the second key.




No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario