viernes, 27 de julio de 2018

The street lawyer- Megan.-

It was Friday afternoon . I knew Morcadei could got out on hail, but some very bad things could happen to a good-looking White boy in prison over the weekend.




In the pólice car to Central, I tried to think about all the great people who had spent some time in prison-like Martin Luther King.




But then I thought of my parents. Their son in prison would be the end of their would. My friend already thought I had turned my life. I did not know what Claire would think. especially as she had a New man now.




At Central, Gasko led me like a lost dog. They took everything I had in my pockets and I signed for it. Then my photograph and fingerprints were taken.





There were pólice everywhere but only one other White face- a man who was very drunk.




We are walking to the cells. I was scared,




-Can I get bail? I asked.




-I think you lawyer is working on it, Gasko said.





The cell door closed behind me . There were five others prisoners in the cell with me, all black, all much younger tan me. I sat on the floor.




In the cell opposite, I could see the drunk White guy and hear him shouting.






Two large black men had him in a corner of the cell. They were hitting his head. Minutes passed. One of the Young guys in my cell walked over to me. This man was the end.







-Nice jacket, he said touching my jacket with his foot as I sat on the floor.




-Thanks, I  said trying to sound like I meant it.




He was eighteen or nineteen. Thin. Probably a gang member who had spent his life on the streets.




-I could use a jacket like that, he said giving me a kick with his foot.




-You should not be a how-life Street gang member then-I thought.-Would you like to borrow the jacket? I asked. I was not to fight back.   If I did, the other four would help the first one.




-What did you say?





-I said, would you like to borrow....




The kick caught me in the head and I shouted from the shock.




-My friend said he could me a jacket like that, said one of the other four. A gift would be nice.




A quickly took off my jacket and held it toward the Young gang member who had kicked me.




-Is this a gift? he said, taking it.





-It is whatever you want it to be.





He kicked me again, hard in the Heard, It is a gift?




-Yes-




-Thanks , man.





I sat in a ball on the floor. My face hurt. The floor was getting cold. What would happen when I needed the Toilet?




-Nice shoes said a voice above me. I gave them to him.



Morcadei got me out on bail at   7 pm..? My hail was ten thosands dollars.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario