miércoles, 25 de julio de 2018

The street Lawyer.-

Next morning  I tried to phone Héctor Palma from the Law Center.His secretary said he had left the Washington office. I put the phone now. Now what? I stared at the ceiling.






Morcadei came into my office. I started my story...






-my wife and I are not together. I moved out of our apartment.





.I am sorry, said Morcadei. What else could he say ?





-Dont be. Early this morning the pólice tried to search the apartment where I used to live. They were looking for a file that I took when I left Drake and S


-What kind of file?





The De Von Hardy and Lontae Burton File.





-I am listening.





-I dont think that De von Hardy and Lontae Burton and the others were squatters. I think they were tenants. And if they were tenants the eviction was ilegal.







I sure was. Cant evict tenants without warning. But do you know? Or are you guessing?







I told Morcadei the story of the River O file. I told him that something, probably a note dated January 27, was missing from the file.





And what do you think is in this note ?he asked


-I can not be sure. But I think it is a note from Héctor Palma. I think he knew they were tenants it is a note from Héctor Palma. I think he knew they were tenants and he said that in the note. But River Oaks wanted them out quikly so they could start pulling the warehouse down. They wanted to start the new building for the Post Office in February. I think Héctor Palma note of January 27 was removed from the file so Drake and S could evict De Von Hardy and Lontae Burton and the others as squatters.






-Good, said Morcadei, so we start a lawsuit for the family of Lontae Burton and the other people who were evicted.





-Yes, I said, that way. Héctor Palma has to tell the judge what he knows.



Ill contact Lontae Burtons parents, Morcadei said...They would be our clients in the lawsuit.





-Her parents are dead. But she has a grandmother.





-Fine. She ll be our client. But the first we need to find Héctor Palma.






-I think Drake and S will keep him in the Company. If he leaves the Company, they lose control of him. But they want him out of W.


-I think Drake and S will keep him in the Company. If he leaves the Company, they lose control of him. But they want him out of W.I think he is working for Drake in another city. Probably a new job with more money.


-Sofia, shouted Morcadei, loud enough to be Heard on Capitol Hill.





-Sofia. we are looking for someone.





Sofia came in with paper and a pencil.








-I know, she said I Heard. she turned to me. I can help. Tell me everything you know about this person.




I told Sofia Héctor Palma, name, address and job. I described him and said he had a wife and four kids.



-age? Maybe thirty.


-How much did he get month at Drake and S?



As a legal assistant? three thousand.



-He has four kids, so one or more will be in school.



He can not send kids to a private school on thirty.five thousands. We ll start with the schools. Then the churches.






She went back to her desk and she was on the phone for an hour, Each time she said hello in English. asked for the person she wanted and then the conversation was in Spanish.





An hour later she came back into my office.


-They moved to Chicago. Do you need an address?



-But how did you...?


-Dont ask A friend in their church. They moved to Chicago last weekend. I can get you an address but it will take longer.



-I dont need an address. I have been to Drake and S Chicago office a couple of times.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario