domingo, 29 de julio de 2018

The street Lawyer.-

-Yes, sir.

-Will you give it to me ?




-Yes, sir.




Morcadei gave Judge De Orio the file and we all sat and watched for ten minutes while the judge real . When he had finished he said...The file has been returned, Mr Jacobs. There was a criminal lawsuit about its Theft. What do you want to do now ?





-If we can agree on the Burton lawsuit, we will stop the criminal lawsuit against Mr Brock for theft of the file.




-Mr Brock ? Is that aceptable to you?



-Yes, yes, it is.





-Next we have the complaint to the Bar Association by Drake and S against Michael Brock. Mr Jacobs?





Arthur stood up again. He talked about why it was wrong for the lawyer to steal a file from his own Company. He did not seem to be enjoying it and he did not take too long about it. But I had been one of them and then I had damaged them. They would not forgive me for that. The complaint to the Bar Association would not be stopped.




I was not a criminal, Arthur said, so they would stop the theft lawsuit. But I was a lawyer and a good one. And so the complaint should go to the Bar Association.





The lawyers from RiverOaks did not speak but it was clear they agreed. It was, of course, their client is file I had taken. And Arthur spoke so well that actually I agreed with him too.



-Mr Brock? said Judge De Orio..Do you have anything to say ?





I had not prepared anything but I was not afraid to say what I felt. I looked Arthur in the eyes and said..Mr Jacobs, I have always had a very high opinión of you and I still do. I was wrong to take the file and I am sorry I did it. I was looking for information and I was going to put the file back but all that is no excuse. I apologize to you, to Drake and S and to your client, River Oaks.





Morcadei told me afterwards that he knew immediately Drake and S would agree to his next suggestion. The anger had gone out of the situation.




Morcadei suggested twenty.five thousand dollars each to all the people evicted by Drake and S when we could find them. He suggested three million dollars for the Burton Lawsuit, paid at three hundred thousand a year.




And after a lot of talk we agreed that I would lose my license for nine months only.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario