jueves, 12 de julio de 2018

The street lawyer.-

I am looking for Morcadei Green. -I said. But just then he came out of his office, Sofia went back to her work.






Green was an enormous black man, at least two meters tall and very heavy, He was in his early fifties, with a gray beard and round red glasses. He shouted something about a file to Sofia and then turned to me.







-Can I help you?






-I want to talk to you about De Von Hardy? I said and gave him my Drake card.



He looked at me for a few seconds and then looked quicky at Sofia, who was speaking in fast Spanish into the pone. Morcadei Green walked back into his office and I followed him in. The office was a small room with no Windows and the desk and floor covered in files and law books.







-Sit down-he said.But you might get dirty. What do you want?








-I sat down. I was in the room with De Von when he was hot-I said. I could not think this morning. I did not want to go to work. So I came here. Any idea why he did it?









-Because of the eviction-said Morcadei Green. A few months ago he moved into an old warehouse at the corner of Florida Avenue. It was not a bad place for a homeless person. It had a roof, some toilets, wáter?








-Who owned the warehouse?




Morcadei pulled a thin file from one of the piles on his desk. It was exactly the one he wanted. He looked at the file for a minute.







The warehouse was owned by a Company called River Oaks?








-And Rivers Oaks lawyers are Drake ?








-Probably.







-Is that all?







.No, I Heard that DeVohn Hardy  and the others got no warning of the eviction.




-But you can evict squatters with no warning.






-Oh , yes, You can not evict tenants without a warming, though.






-Was De Von a squatter or a tenant?



-I dont Know.





-I thought of another question...How did De Von Know about Drake?






-Who Knows? He was not stupid, though. Crazy, but not stupid.







I had taken enough of his time. He looked at his watch, I looked at mine. We exchanged phone numbers and promised to stay in contact.









Morcadei Green was a warm, caring man whose work was on the streets, protecting hundreds of nameless clients. He was a lawyer with a heart.









On the way out, Sofia did not look up from her conversation on the pone. The Lexus was still there, covered by an inch of snow.






















No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario