lunes, 23 de julio de 2018

The street lawyer.-

I drove to the 14thStreet and copied the file. Then I went back to my old apartment, Claire was at the hospital. I took my sleeping bag, a few suits, my radio, the small tv from the kitchen, my cd player and a few cd, a coffeepot, a hair dryer and three blue towels.





I left a note telling her I was gone. I did not what I felt.





I had never moved out before, I was not sure how it was done, As I drove away, I did not fell hapy to be single again. Claire and I had both lost.





Ba     ck at the 14 Street Law Center, my first visitor was my old friend Barry Nuzzo. He sat down carefully in the chair opposite my desk-he did not want to get dirt on his expensive suit. Was he wired, like Héctor Palma? Maybe they had sent Barry because he was my friend and also one of Mister guests that Tuesday Afternoon.






-So you are here for the money? he said.




Of course..




-You are crazy, They are going to come after you, Michael. You can not take a file.


-You mean a criminal lawsuit for theft?





Probably. And they talked to the Bar Association. Rafter working on it. Michael you wont be a lawyer when they are finished.-not here, not anywhere. You are going to lose you license.





I was not ready for that


-I have the file. The file has plenty of information about Drake in it.


-You cant use the file. Michael. You can not use in  a lawsuit because you took it from our offices and that theft.



I said nothing. I did not know what I was going to do. But I knew I coul not give the file back down . I had nothing else in the fight against Drake and S. Barry stood up to leave.


-Will you phone me some time, Michael? he said at the door.



.Sure.-

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario