sábado, 14 de julio de 2018

The street lawyer.-Lontae Burton-

Of course, the aparment was empty when I returned Friday night, but there was a note in the kitchen. Just like me, Claire had go now home to her parents in Providence for a couple of days. I knew Claire wanted to end the marriage too I just did not Know how badly.







I went for a long walk. I t was very cold outside, with a strong wind. I passed beautiful homes with families in them, eating and laughing and enjoing the warmth.







Then I moved onto Mr Street, Friday night on was always fun time, the bars and cofee shops were full, and people were waiting and enjoing the warmth.






Then I moved onto M Street, Friday night on M was always fun time, the bars and coffee shops were full and people were waiting in line to get into the restaurants.






I stopped at the window of a music club, listening to sad music with snow over my feet, watching the Young couples drink and dance. For the first time in my life, I did not feel Young.





I was thirty-two but in the last five years I had worked more than most people do in twenty I was tired. Those prety girls in there would never look at me now.







I went back to the apartment. At some time after mine, the phone rang, It was Morcadei Green.





-Are you busy? he asked.




-To do what?





-to work .The shelters are full. we dont have enough helpers.





-I have never done that kind of work.





-Can you put butter on bread?





- I think so.





-Then you are the man for us.We are a church on 13 th and Eclid.





-I will be there in Twenty minutes.





-I changed into the oldest chothes I had jeans and old blue jacket, and took most of my money out of my wallet. As I closed the apartment doors behind me, I was excitedand I did not exactly know why.






I parked the Lexus opposite the church. The attack I half expected did not happen. No gangs, the snow kept the streets empty and safe for now. I went into the church, down into a big room below it and entered the world of the homeless.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario