miércoles, 18 de julio de 2018

The Street Lawyer.-

I found the River file and was Reading trough it when a voice outside shouted Hey... and I Jumped.






A conversation started outside. Two guys were talking baseball. I turned off the lights, listening to their talk. Then I sat on Chance sofá for ten minutes.






I could put the file back. If they saw me leaving Chance office, nothing would be done. It was my last day. But if they saw me taking a file, that was very different.





-Be patient, I told myself. After baseball, they started talking about girls. I think they were a couple of Young legal assistants, working late. Then finally, it was quiet.






I locked the drawer in the dark, opened the door and went out.      Hey shouted someone behind me.I ran. I ran to the back of the building, got into the Lexus and drove off.






-That was stupid, I thought





-Why did I run?



-Why did not talk to the guy? I still worked at Drake, did not I ?




That was my last thought before the Lexus was hit by a Jaguar speendig down 18 Street.




I remember  a voice saying.




-I dont see any blood.



And then remember Claire sitting by my bed at the George Washington University Medical Center.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario