domingo, 10 de septiembre de 2017

Our New Secretary.-

The telephone rang and our new secretary, Miss Simpson, answered it.


-May I speak to Mr Calder, please?-a voice said.



-Who is speaking please?-Miss Simpson asked.


-Mr Alan Bright-the voice said.


Miss Simpson put her hand over the mouthpiece and spoke to Mr Calder.



-It is Mr Alan Bright, sir-she said-He wants to speak to you.



-He wants to sell us those new typewriters, doesn´t he ?



-Yes,sir-Miss Simpson said-He called yesterday.



And he rang up up five times last week. We don´t need new typewriters. I told him yesterday, Mr Calder said.



-What shall I say,sir?-Miss Simpson  asked.



-Say that I am not in my office-Mr Calder said crossly.



Miss Simpson spoke into the receiver.



-Mr Bright-she said-I am afraid you can´t speak to Mr Calder Now.He says that he is not in his office.









No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario