sábado, 9 de septiembre de 2017

A pair of Glasses.-

Last week I had my eyes tested.




My wife thinks I need glasses-I explained to the optician.




-I Know I don't need glasses. I can see very well.




The optician tested my eyes.




-You ought to wear glasses, sir-he said.



-Come and choose a pair of frames.



-I can see very well without glasses-I insisted, but if you say I need them, I'll have yo have them.




The optician did not answer me. He showed me some frames.




-Choose a pair of these-he said-These frames are made of plastic and these are made of metal. These are tortoise-shell and are rather dear.




- I'll have the plastic ones-I said.




-Do you think they suit you? he asked and handed me a mirror.




-I reached out for the mirror and missed-It crashed to the floor and broke into a thousand pieces.




-I'm very sorry-I said and blushed-




-It doesn't matter-the optician answered-We lose a lot of mirrors  like that.





-Well -I said-I certanly need glasses.



-You certanly do-the optician answered with a smile.-You wife was right.




No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario