sábado, 20 de enero de 2018

Jane Eyre-2-

At last, it was time for breakfast. I was now very hungry.


We went into the dining-room with the teachers. There was a terrible smell of burning food.


We were all hungry, but when we tasted the food we could not eat it. It tasted terrible. Feeling very hungrey, we all left the dinning-room-



At nine o clock lessons began again. I looked round at the other girls.



They looked very strange in their ugly Brown dresses. I did not like the teachers. They seemed to be unkind and unfriendly.



Then at twelve o clock, the head teacher, Miss Temple, came in. She was very pretty and her face was kind.


-I want to speak to all the girls, she said.


-I know that you could not eat your breakfast this morning, she told us.


-So now you will have some bread and cheese and a cup of coffe, she said.



The other teachers looked surprised.



-I'll pay for this meal, Miss Temple said.


The girls were very pleased.





After this meal, we went out inot the garden. The girls Brown dreeses were too thin for the cold Winter weather.


Most of the girls looked cold.




One of the girls was Reading a book.


-Is your book interesting? I asked her.



-I like it, she answered.


-Does this school belong to Miss Temple? I asked.


-No, it does not, she answered. It belongs to Mr Brocklehrst. He buys all our food and our clothes.


The girls'name was Helen Burns.


She was older tan I was.



I liked her immediately. She became my friend.


Helen told me that many of the girls were ill because they were always cold and hungry.


Mr Brocklehurst was not a kind man.



The clothes he bought for the girls were not warm enough for the Winter, and there was never enough food for eat.


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario