jueves, 17 de agosto de 2017

A clever cat.-

It was two o'clock in the morning and it was very dark.


Mr Thompson woke up his wife.


-Irene-he called softly-the baby is crying.


Mrs Thompson sat up in bed and listened.


-That is not the baby, Jim-she said-It is the cat-


-It can't be-her husband said- I'll go and look-


Mr Thompson got up and went to the window.


-You're right, Irene-he said-There is a cat in the garden-Listen to it.


-You must stop it, Jim-she said-That cat will wake up the baby-


-What can I do ? -He said- It is very cold- I'm not going into the garden-


-Throw a shoe at it-his wife said-


-I can't do that-Mr Thompson answered-


-Why not ?-his wife asked-Can't you see it ?


-I can see it very well-he said-But I can't throw a shoe at it. It´s sitting on my greenhouse !!.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario