domingo, 28 de julio de 2019

Heart of Darkness.-Joseph Conrad.-3.-

After a lon silence, he said...I suppose you fellows remember I did once turn fresh-water sailor for a bit.






Then we knew we were fated to hear about one of Marlow s inconclusive experiences.







" You ought to know how I got out there, what I saw, how I went up that river to the place where I first met the por chap.I had then just returned to London after six years of travelling. After a bit I did get tired of resting.







"When I was a Little chap I had a passion for maps. I would look at them for hours, and lose myself all the glories of explorations. I would put my finger on an interesting place and say…"When I grow up I Will go there"







But there was one place, the biggest. It had got filled since my boyhood with rivers and lakes and names. It had ceased to be  a blank space of delightul mystery. It had become a place of darkness, But there was in it one river especially, a mighty big river, that you could see on the map, resembling an immense snake uncoiled, with its head in the sea, and its tail lost in the depths of the land.







Then I remembered there was a big Company for trade on the river. Why shouldn t I work for it ? The snake had charmed me.









" I felt someone I must get there by hook or by crook. So I, Charlie Mrlow, set a woman to get a job. I had an aunt, a dear enthusiastic soul. She knew teh wife of a very high personaje in the Administration, and also a man who had lots of influence.








I got my appointment-of course, very quick. It appears the Company had received news that one of their captains had been killed in a scuffle with the natives. This way my chance, and it made me the more anxious to go.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario